Moutain

Moutain

Monday, March 11, 2013

Fear Of The Dark

A few years ago while I was in college, I came home for a break. One thing I loved to do when I first got home was to take a long hot shower, most of which took place at one in the morning. I sat in the shower, lights off, pitched black. I sat not only soaking in the heat, but also soaking in Gods presence. I opened my eyes to see, that I couldn't see anything. Not even the hand in front of my face was visible. I felt God ask me if this was the life I would be willing to live, A life within the darkness. By this I don't mean a world full of sin and darkness. The meaning was, Am I willing to live a life walking completely blind with my one and only direction coming from Christ. Surrounded by darkness there is nothing to see but only to trust the one who leads me. I thought to myself in the comfort of my home, and warm shower, of course I will. Yes. It is not until now where that question has really taken root and grown. That question is being answered everyday when I face it. My character, my dreams, all my hopes of becoming everything I hope to become, my reality, is questioned daily. Will I let you lead me through the darkness. I can't see what's in front of me, but I must trust it's good. When you start to question yourself, your circumstances, your value, your position, Trust God knows what he's doing. You belong to him, your his. Don't doubt, but let yourself be lead through the darkness without fear.
Photo by: Tim Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment